- Training providers and schools
- Employers, business and industry
- Individuals, students and parents
Aboriginal youth transitions program for school students
In 2016 AWDCs started the Aboriginal youth transitions program with the aim of increasing the number of Aboriginal youth making a successful transition to further education, training or employment after leaving school.
The program seeks to:
- raise the aspirations of Aboriginal school students in Years 10 to 12;
- ensure that students have completed a career transition plan before leaving school;
- provide access to advice on careers and training options; and
- gain work experience where possible.
The AWDCs will continue to offer support and guidance to young people to help fulfil their career plans after they leave school.
To find out more about the AYT program, please contact your local AWDC.
Page last updated December 15, 2016