- Training providers and schools
- Employers, business and industry
- Individuals, students and parents
When you’re released from prison, finding a steady job or getting your career back on track can make a big difference in getting your life moving in a positive direction. While in prison, we offer a one-day career development course which covers aspects such as:
- employability skills;
- interview techniques;
- coping with unemployment,
- disclosing convictions; and
- how to access employment services within the community.
We also offer services that provide practical support to ex-offenders throughout their job search journey. We can help with:
- advice on choosing a career path;
- information on training or education options;
- a resource room with a computer, printer and internet that you can use; and
- writing your resumé and job application and preparing for job interviews.
There is also a specialist program for Aboriginal ex-offenders to support effective transition from prison to reconnection with their community and culture.
Services are available from 9.30 am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday, at 27 Moore St, East Perth or phone 08 6263 8622.
These Career Centre services are delivered by Outcare through a program funded by the Department.
Page last updated December 13, 2016