Department of Training and Workforce Development
The Department of Training and Workforce Development, in addition to its vital training role, now has a much broader responsibility which includes a focus on workforce development.
Workforce development aims to build, attract and retain a skilled workforce to meet the economic needs of Western Australia, to minimise skill shortages and maximise the State’s ability to respond to new opportunities.
The Department will work with industry, the community and Government to build a workforce which is productive, inclusive, efficient and mobile. It will:
- manage public resources in the State vocational education and training system
- strategically plan, fund and monitor publicly funded training
- provide workforce development planning which includes:
- a whole of Government approach
- industry and regions
- the Aboriginal workforce
- provide information about workforce development of use to individuals, business and Government
- strategically manage the Western Australian apprenticeship and traineeship system
- coordinate and implement curriculum and professional development across the training system
- provide career development services.
The Department has released Skilling WA: A workforce development plan for Western Australia, second edition.
17/07/2015 11:09 AM