- Training providers and schools
- Employers, business and industry
- Individuals, students and parents
Foundation skills and equity courses
The State Government is committed to supporting students of all ages and backgrounds to develop language, communication, literacy and numeracy skills that will help to build confidence and improve their ability to be successful in both study and employment. This support is provided through two key strategies:
- foundation skills courses that focus on language, literacy and numeracy, and employability skills such as teamwork, problem solving, self-management, digital literacy and using technology – all key skills requirements for success in both training and the workplace; and
- equity courses that support people with disability and people seeking courses that are aligned with their culture; for example, a qualification specialising in Indigenous Australian tourism.
These courses are subsidised by the State Government so that you pay only a small fee.
Page last updated December 09, 2016