The Unique Student Identifier
- STEP 1: Get at least one form of ID ready, eg your driver's license, Australian passport, Medicare card, birth certificate, visa (for non-Australian passport), Immigration Card or Citizenship Certificate.
- STEP 2: Have your personal contact details ready; you’ll need address, email and/or phone number.
- STEP 3: Visit usi.gov.au and select Create a USI.
- STEP 4: Agree to the terms and conditions and follow the steps on screen.
- STEP 5: Write your new USI number down and keep it somewhere safe.
- STEP 6: Have your USI number with you when you enrol.
Page last updated December 03, 2016