- Training providers and schools
- Employers, business and industry
- Individuals, students and parents
Student satisfaction survey
The Student Satisfaction Survey is used to measure the quality of service provided by Western Australia's State Training Providers and to gain a better understanding of their customers and their needs. The latest (2015) survey shows 87.8% of students were satisfied with their course, similar to 86.9% in 2014. Students were significantly more satisfied with the quality of lecturers (87.1%), the reputation of their training provider (88.2%) and campus safety and security measures (88.5%) than in 2014.
Among other survey results:
• 85.1% of students were satisfied with the facilities available at their training provider;
• 83.3% of students were satisfied with the information and customer service provided by staff in student services; and
• 92.4% of Aboriginal students in 2015 were satisfied with their course.
Page last updated December 15, 2016